Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] strange gpo behaviour

On 2019-04-17 5:49 a.m., James Atwell via samba wrote:

On 4/16/2019 6:00 PM, Ray Klassen via samba wrote:
-- 3 samba 4.10.2 DC's, binaries compiled from tarballs on Debian stretch
-- 2 DC's are on the same (main office) LAN, one is at another location vpn'ed to the main office

-- randomly windows 10 pc's will not be able to complete a gpupdate (repeated tries) with no consistency as to solutions. Sometimes the pc's can't connect to the \\dc\sysvol\local.somedomain.com
-- we've tried (and thought we had it)
    -- samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset
    -- synchronizing time (again) between servers, and between servers and pc's
    -- rebooting pc's

sometimes any of these measures seem to suddenly work and then not.

any pointers?

Ray

How are you synchronizing sysvol?
rsync as prescribed by the wiki.

Actually we might have found the problem. There were some stale dns records, especially A records that resolve the domain itself, pointing to a non-existent DC. also a whole slew of other records that existed for two of the dc's but not the third we had recently installed. so a major dns edit may have fixed the issue. I will update this if the problem is completely gone.