Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] The wisdom - or otherwise - of replacing outright rather than merely appending to the example smb.conf file shipped with SAMBA during new server commissioning?

Hai,

There is nothing wrong with replacing the smb.conf files.
So do you thing, just try to filter out the server type and its specific settings

For example, a AD-domain member smb.conf is NOT AD-DC compliant!

Greetz,

Louis