Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] GPOs, sysvol and such related plumbing

I have been using Samba AD DC 4.9.1 for a little bit 6 months now. Very stable. Never heard of any stability problems concerning GPOs. There are no problems with GPOs, but as I found out, you must give the GPO changes time to take effect (30 minutes). I haven't found out how to force GPO updates under Samba yet, but that's probably due to my lack of time and inherent laziness. And you can lock yourself out from a true Windows domain, as well as from a Samba domain. Nothing that yells at you that you're up to something stupid in either system ;-)

I have been using Samba for many years, and GPOs since Samba 4 was first released. And yes, they do work... most of the time.

But I am sure Samba developers understand what I meant.