Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] External Authentication

Le 12/04/2019 à 14:06, Marco Gaiarin via samba a écrit :
Mandi! Julien TEHERY via samba
   In chel di` si favelave...

As my POC seems to work well, I intend ton install it in production soon.
Is it recommended to set the new samba4 domain in production up on a different subnet or not?
I've keeped old and new domain on the same subnet/IP space for months,
and (providing that usernames and password are the same) accessing both
without trouble.

Only a note: i've keeped the WINS server of the old domain up&running,
and pointed the new AD servers (but also windows client, via DHCP) to that
WINS server, so old domain see new server and the reverse.

Thanks Marco, good to know! :)
For the Wins server, it's also an interesting information.