Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] External Authentication

Mandi! Julien TEHERY via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> As my POC seems to work well, I intend ton install it in production soon.
> Is it recommended to set the new samba4 domain in production up on a different subnet or not?

I've keeped old and new domain on the same subnet/IP space for months,
and (providing that usernames and password are the same) accessing both
without trouble.

Only a note: i've keeped the WINS server of the old domain up&running,
and pointed the new AD servers (but also windows client, via DHCP) to that
WINS server, so old domain see new server and the reverse.