Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Fwd: Re: Ressources needed (cpus, ram, etc.) for a Samba server

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 13:53:30 -0300
Edouard Guigné via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I see, yes the unix attributes are set on the AD DC (RFC2307) for
> each users and each groups.

And are these 'numbers' inside the range you set in smb.conf ?

> And that's a question, because I am using a Windows Server 2012 R2 as
> AD DC. Does the unix attibutes will be still available in the Windows
> Server 2019 version ?

As far as I am aware, yes they are and I don't think they will be
removed, they are part of the main schema. If they were removed, then
it would probably be very easy to put them back.

> I don't talk about the ADUC and how to set unix attributes tab, I ask
> about the attributes on the AD schema
> because I know that NIS and unix attributes tab  in ADUC is
> deprecated in Windows server 2016, but it can still be set via a
> powershell script.

What has been removed is the 'scaffolding' for the ADUC UNIX Attributes
tab.