Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Ressources needed (cpus, ram, etc.) for a Samba server

Dear Samba Users,

I am preparing a Samba box as standalone server (only files server, centos 7).

This Samba box is a domain member server, and is dedicaded to serve files to about 80 domain users.

I am wondering if there are some special requirements for this purpose in terms of CPUs, Memory ?
The Samba box is a Vmware virtual machine, so I can easely configure this.

I noticed also in some Samba configurations, parameter socket options is set with TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=819
Does it worth still setting this parameter on recent linux system ?
According to the wiki https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Performance_Tuning :
"The Samba team highly-recommends not setting the parameters described in this section without understanding the technical background and knowing the consequences. In most environments, setting these parameters or changing the defaults decreases the Samba network performance."

Best regards,

EdG