Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Problems getting POSIX ACL working on upgraded samba file server Ubuntu 16.04 LTS to 18.04 LTS

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 13:21:02 +0000
"Werthmuller, Derek via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Running a Samba 4 AD DC on Ubuntu 18.04, and fileservers on 18.04.
> Our access control needs are rather simple and worked well under the
> samba 3 series with LDAP users and groups so we plan to keep using
> the POSIX ACL (regular filesystem access controls)
>

> smb.conf is the same on both servers also.

You have left out the main thing (though you have hinted at it) that
might help, the smb.conf files. Can you please post the smb.conf files
from the DC and the fileservers.