Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] 'samba-tool domain tombstones expunge' fails to remove expired tombstones

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 10:37:18 +0100
"miguel medalha" <medalist@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Did you think to run 'samba-tool domain tombstones expunge
> >> --help' ?
>
> No, I didn't, I just assumed that the message "'samba' will remove
> them daily, 'samba-tool domain tombstones expunge' would do that
> immediately" would mean exactly that :-).
>
> It worked now. Thank you!

Ah, but 'assume' means you have made an Ass of U and me LOL

What I was trying to get at was, samba-tool comes with help that can be
accessed by adding '--help' to the command and this can usually prompt
you in the right direction.