Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] selftest, help with a single test

On 4/8/2019 12:49 AM, Manfred wrote:
Hi,

Yes, you're right, the problems are due to the selftest environment
failing to start up. In this case, you could just reproduce the same
problem with:
SELFTEST_TESTENV=s4member:local make testenv

This actually reveals something:
[user@s4member samba]$ ping _kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba.example.com
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libnss_wrapper.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored. ERROR: ld.so: object 'libresolv_wrapper.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored. PING _kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba.example.com (54.72.52.58) 56(84) bytes of data.

It looks like a problem with LD_PRELOAD. The libraries are present, I don't know if this may be caused by them being in /usr/lib64 instead of /usr/lib or what else

This is in fact what was making this test fail: after fixing the path in config_cache.py, it run like a charm.
Thanks for the hint!

BTW the loader doesn't like LD_PRELOAD without a full path for executables with -z nodeflib or run in secure-execution mode. I don't know if any of these apply to the test.