Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] selftest, help with a single test

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

On 4/8/19 12:16 AM, Tim Beale wrote:
Hi,

Yes, you're right, the problems are due to the selftest environment
failing to start up. In this case, you could just reproduce the same
problem with:
SELFTEST_TESTENV=s4member:local make testenv

This actually reveals something:
[user@s4member samba]$ ping _kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba.example.com
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libnss_wrapper.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored. ERROR: ld.so: object 'libresolv_wrapper.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored. PING _kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba.example.com (54.72.52.58) 56(84) bytes of data.

It looks like a problem with LD_PRELOAD. The libraries are present, I don't know if this may be caused by them being in /usr/lib64 instead of /usr/lib or what else

There may be some package dependencies you're missing in order to get
selftest to run correctly. In a earlier message it looked like you were
missing the python DNS package (python-dnspython on ubuntu). It looks
like you were still getting dns update errors on this latest test.

I had found that, and fixed, thanks (it's python3-dns here, in addition to python2-dns which was already in)
(Another one missing was python3-markdown)

The other thing you could try is using ./configure.developer (instead of
./configure --enable-selftest), and rebuilding. This is how most
developers run selftest - I'm not  sure how well tested the
--enable-selftest dependencies are on their own.
Done that too - still this error resists.

Cheers,
Tim