Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Newly applied GPO not immediately active

Hi folks,

I have been playing around with implementing and applying GPOs on a Samba AD DC, using the RSAT tools. It seems that any changes take their time (at least 5 minutes, maybe more), and are not immediately active. I experienced problems when logging in on the affected computers (Windows 10), that the GPOs seemed to be incompletely applied. After a while, it worked though. It's not a critical problem, and you could live with it. However, it is necessary to take this into account.

If somebody has got any information, I would be grateful.

Best regards,

Peter

CentOS 7.6 (1810), Samba 4.9.1