Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] wbinfo isn't working on domain member

On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 15:53:53 +0100
Stephen via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Rowland, I made the change you suggested to auto refresh kerberos.
> It didn't seem to fix the issue unfortunately, even after a machine
> restart. Following your line of reasoning that it is a Kerberos
> issue, I then tried to grab a new kerberos ticket on the server in
> question which appears to fail though. Perhaps this gives some
> further insight?
>
> pi@fs1:~ $ kinit administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Password for administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> kinit: KDC reply did not match expectations while getting initial
> credentials

Yes, it tells me you do not really understand kerberos :-)

rowland@devstation:$ kinit administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Password for administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
kinit: KDC reply did not match expectations while getting initial credentials
rowland@devstation:$ kinit administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Password for administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
rowland@devstation:$

Whenever you enter the REALM, you must enter it in UPPERCASE

Can you post the following files:

/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/hostname
/etc/hosts
/etc/krb5.conf

Is the time on all the domain machines the same ?