Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] wbinfo isn't working on domain member

Hi everyone, just tried executing wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g on a particular Samba domain member that is acting as a file server in my setup.

Much to my surprise i did not see the list of users or groups that I would normally expect to see outputted from these commands. Instead both commands just exited and returned no output. I have already tried restarting winbind, smbd, and nmbd on the domain member using systemctl but to no avail. Manual testing on Windows suggests that the drives on this machine are still serving files, but I just find the lack of output from wbinfo surprising.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks
Stephen Ellwood