From: Andrea Venturoli [mailto:ml@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2019 5:55 AM
To: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@xxxxxxxxx>; Suporte - KONTROL <suporte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Timur I. Bakeyev <timur@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Samba] SAMBA 48 - Dependencies Python27 vs python36

On 4/4/19 9:41 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Timur did submit a lot of patches upstream, so there should be less
> needed. The Samba Team strongly encourages those packaging Samba not
> to maintain local patches, and if they must do so only after the
> patches have been submitted and accepted upstream for master.
>
> This helps reduce the divergence and maintenance overhead in the long-
> term.

Of course I agree with you and I'm sure Timur did his best to achieve this.

Currently there are 49 patch files in the 4.8 port.
I really hope most of them is not needed anymore, but that's something someone who wants to compile 4.10 should check, because they might not only address compile-time errors, but also silent problems which will haunt you badly once you run Samba in a production environment.

  bye
	av.