[Samba] Shared printing between Linux (client) and Windows (server): NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
- Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 12:36:44 +0300
- From: cloun via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] Shared printing between Linux (client) and Windows (server): NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
Applied the update:
$ sudo samba --version
The results of `posix_open' and `queue' cmds stay the same. Printer is
idle on print cmd.
A GUI problem with endless authentication request was shot down:
1. Delete the printer
2. Add a new one
3. Network Printer -> Search -> 192.168.0.100 -> Authorization Reqired:
username "user", password "password" (strictly as in common account
user:password between computers), domain "LOCAL"
4. Check the radio 'Enter credentials now': fill in the username and
password fields the same way with user:password common combination
5. Press Verify... button, see the 'printer unavailable' error, ignore
it -> click Forward... -> Select drivers (I had an HPIJS driver, changed
for HPCUPS) -> Go for test printing
6. A small piece of problem remained: I cannot see printer status (for
example, if there was any errors during printing like 'paper not
present') or queue.
Generally GUI printing is available for now, but I want to understand
what is the issue with console printing.
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the