Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] selftest

On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 21:49:06 +0000 (UTC)
Billy Bob via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > While 'make test' is intended to> pass generally, the reference
> > environment is Ubuntu 14.04 (soon to be> upgraded to 18.04 for the
> > next release).
>
> By "next release," do you mean 4.10.1 or 4.11?
>
> Looking also at
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2019-April/222157.html,is there
> concern that 4.10.0 is not production-ready on Ubuntu 18.04?

No, I just wasn't building Samba into the default prefix
'/usr/local/samba', so I had to backport various Samba packages from
18.10 before it would build. I have no doubt that if I had run
'./configure && make && sudo make install', it would have worked.

The point of the post you referred to, was that RHEL 7.x probably isn't
production ready for 4.10.0