Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] selftest

Hi all,

I just downloaded a fresh samba-4.10.0 tarball to verify the result of 'make test'
What I did is:
./configure --enable-selftest
make
make test

All run as the ordinary user.

I encountered a build problem with 'make' in
source4/lib/messaging/messaging_handlers.c

due to the following conditional being placed /before/ #include "includes.h"
#if defined(DEVELOPER) || defined(ENABLE_SELFTEST)

I fixed this by moving the conditional after the #include, and the build completed fine.
This is the only change I made in the code.

But.

'make test' failed miserably with tons of errors.

The presentation from Andrew Bartlett says that selftest should be enforced as part of the regular release workflow, which is great, but since that talk is from 2012, I wonder: what is the current status of selftest ?

Thanks in advance,
Manfred