Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Problem achieving manual synchronisation of idmap.ldb and the associated User and Group ID mappings between two Samba 4 AD DCs

Roland, Jonathon, what permissions set would you recommend for use when syncing SysVol?

I have only found a single tutorial (https://www.tecmint.com/samba4-ad-dc-sysvol-replication/) that even mentions what permissions should be used when replicating SysVol. , and that suggests using 775 permission set during replication ie:

rsync --dry-run -XAavz --chmod=775 --delete-after  --progress --stats  /var/lib/samba/sysvol/ root@ad2:/var/lib/samba/sysvol/

Perhaps its just me but that seems an excessively promiscuous?

Thanks
Stephen Ellwod