Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Problem achieving manual synchronisation of idmap.ldb and the associated User and Group ID mappings between two Samba 4 AD DCs

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 11:07:55 +0000
Stephen via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Rowland!
>
> No, I haven't synced my SysVol yet. I was following the official
> tutorial here,
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory.
> This tutorial appears to suggest that idmap.ldb files should be
> synchronised first prior to setting up any rsync SysVol
> synchronisation.
>
> Thanks
> Stephen

DOH! , there was a vital line missing, yes, you need to sync idmap.ldb
first, but you also need to sync Sysvol before trying to reset it. I
have updated the wiki page.