Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Questions on DRS replicate command

Hi,

I have some question about the command "samba-tool drs replicate" command.

On a server with a big number of objects to synchronize, the command makes a timeout error. Now it looks like the sync actually occurs.

I also see that there is an option to make the command asynchronous (not waiting for the result of the replication), but then I'm not sure how to confirm the process is complete and successful.

1) when the replication is synchronous, if the timeout occurs, is it actually interrupted or is it just the client side tool that gives up waiting for an answer ?

2) when you know the replication is going to be long, can you ask the command to wait for the end (no timeout) ?

3) when you use the --async-op option, how can you check when the command is complete ? Can you get a status for it, making sure it has actually succeeded ?

Regards,

Julien

--
Message envoyé grâce à OBM, la Communication Libre par Linagora