Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] AD and firewalls

On 22.03.19 21:45, Richard Mackerras via samba wrote:
> Hi,
> A little slightly off topic request for help. I just want to authenticate logins against AD and nothing else, no SMB or anything else. What firewall ports do I need open and is it TCP or UDP.

Depends on what you're actually doing. LDAP(S) and Kerberos use
different ports, and whatever client you use might need either, both,
and/or other AD services (exported DNS records to find the kerberos
servers e.g.).

Sven Schwedas, Systemadministrator
✉ sven.schwedas@xxxxxx | ☎ +43 680 301 7167
TAO Digital   | Teil der TAO Beratungs- & Management GmbH
Lendplatz 45  | FN 213999f/Klagenfurt, FB-Gericht Villach
A8020 Graz    | https://www.tao-digital.at