Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] PAM Unable to dlopen /usr/lib64/sercurity/pam.winbind.so

Yes I do.

I have resolved the issue, I just reinstalled samba-winbind-modules (latest
version) and the error went away.

I am now sucessfully logging in with AD users who have the correct UIDs.

Thank you Rowland for all your help with everything. You helped me figure
it out and resolve it.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 6:16 PM Rowland Penny via samba <
samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 17:54:06 -0400
> Tyrus Shivers via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > PAM Unable to dlopen /usr/lib64/sercurity/pam.winbind.so:version
> > SAMBA_4.8.3 not found (required by usr/lib64/security//pam.winbind.so.
> >
> > I cannot authenticate AD users and the error above appears in the
> > logs. I may could have corrupted this when I was trying to resolve my
> > issues with UIDs.
> >
> > Is there a way I can recompile or re-download these packages?
>
> Do you have samba-winbind-clients installed and if so, is
> it the correct version ?
>
> Rowland
>
> --

V/R
Tyrus Shivers
Bestgate Engineering LLC
Direct: (410) 872-2457
tyrus.shivers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<tyrus.shivers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
This e-mail transmission and any documents, files or previous e-mail
messages attached to it, may be privileged and confidential and is intended
only for the use of the intended recipient of this message.  If you are not
the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure,
retention, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of any of the
information contained in, or attached to this e-mail transmission is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail or by telephone at
the above number and delete this e-mail message and its attachments.