[Samba] AD authentication issue in Samba (kerberos errors)
- Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 12:27:09 +0200
- From: "linux.il via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] AD authentication issue in Samba (kerberos errors)
I have CENTOS7 box with Samba 4.8.3-4 and SSSD 1.16.2-13, authentication
against MS Win domain.
- Recently, Active Directory authentication stopped working within Samba
- Users who try to connect to reach the point of being prompted for AD
credentials; failures happen afterward.
- All flavors of client OS are affected: Windows, Mac and Linux (via
- There have been no configuration changes to the system
(especially/notably smb.conf) in 3+ weeks
- AD and SSSD continue to work fine within the operating system itself (SSH
to the server works, can query AD for group information via ‘getent group
I do see some Kerberos errors into Samba logs:
[2019/03/20 09:43:48.594230, 0]
kerberos_kinit_password LINUX$@EXAMPLE.COM failed: Preauthentication
As far as I see from forum suggestions, linux box re-join to the domain
should fix this issue, but I'm really don't like such manual workaround.
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the