Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba vs Windows server 2019

Yes, I mean running samba as a Unix Domain Member.
The domain should be manage by a Windows server 2019 AD.

EdG

Le 19/03/2019 à 12:31, Rowland Penny via samba a écrit :
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 12:14:41 -0300
Edouard Guigné via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Samba Users,

In my infrastructure, samba is set with a Windows Server 2012R2.
I set kerberos service in the linux samba box and winbind to
communicate with the Active Directory Windows 2012 R2 domain
controler. Unix Attributes are retrieved from the AD database
(rfc2307) via Winbind.

I know that the current approche is to use Samba AD instead microsoft
server.

But I would like to know if someone succeeded in to configure a Linux
samba box (with winbind) with the new Microsoft Windows server 2019
with AD Role ?

EdG

It all depends on what you mean by 'configure', if you mean that you
are running Samba as a Unix domain member, then this should work. If
you are trying to join Samba as an AD DC, then this will not work (yet).

If you are running Samba as a Unix domain member and it isn't working,
please post your smb.conf file.