Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] How to automatically store the macAddress in AD

Hi Pierre,

Does someone know a way to automatically store the hwaddress in the AD?
I'm using Veyon in my school to manage the students PCs and if the hwadress
is populated in the AD, the Room configuration can be set with AD otherwise
i have to manage rooms manually.
I'm using samba4 with bind and isc-dhcp-server are on the same server.
Can we use scripts or some ways?

There is nothing to do that directly integrated in Samba-AD. If you have WAPT installed on your network, you should check the following thread on the WAPT mailing list, the exact same topic on configuring Veyon and macAddress was covered with a simple solution (as long as you have WAPT installed): https://lists.tranquil.it/pipermail/wapt/2019-January/003034.html

Cheers,

Denis

thanks in advance
Pierre

Denis Cardon
Tranquil IT
12 avenue Jules Verne (Bat. A)
44230 Saint Sébastien sur Loire (FRANCE)
tel : +33 (0) 240 975 755
http://www.tranquil.it

Tranquil IT recrute! https://www.tranquil.it/nous-rejoindre/
Samba install wiki for Frenchies : https://dev.tranquil.it