Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Backup of shared data-files

Hi Greg,

I'm assuming the reason for this was that Robert's answer pretty much covered it. Most backup tools still in development, and I'm including rsync here, do support extended attributes, so you're covered when it comes to ACL. The main question becomes if you need the backup itself to be encrypted, and if yes you might want to look at alternatives to rsync.

I heard good things about Borg that Robert mentioned, Rowland seems to use it, too. Personally, I currently use Restic which is similar to Borg but supports S3 type storage.

Hope this helps.

-Viktor