Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 4.8 Config SMB.Conf File

after running both it returned id: MYDOMAIN\user1: no such user.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 10:23 AM Rowland Penny via samba <
samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 10:07:32 -0400
> Tyrus Shivers <tyrus.shivers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > After making the changes, I now get " No such user" when trying the id
> > "user1" command. Yes winbind is installed and running. I am able to
> > pull users and group successfully with wbinfo. Just not the GID and
> > UIDs.
> >
> > workgroup = mydomain
> > realm = mydomain.com
> > security = ads
> > idmap config * : backend = tdb
> > idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
> > idmap config MYDOMAIN : backend = rid
> > idmap config MYDOMAIN : range = 10000-19999
> > allow trusted domain = no
> > template shell = /bin/bash
> > winbind refresh tickets = yes
> > restrict anonymous = 2
> >

> Try running 'net cache flush', then 'id MYDOMAIN\\user1'
>
> Rowland
>
> --

V/R
Tyrus Shivers
Bestgate Engineering LLC
Direct: (410) 872-2457
tyrus.shivers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<tyrus.shivers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
This e-mail transmission and any documents, files or previous e-mail
messages attached to it, may be privileged and confidential and is intended
only for the use of the intended recipient of this message.  If you are not
the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure,
retention, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of any of the
information contained in, or attached to this e-mail transmission is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail or by telephone at
the above number and delete this e-mail message and its attachments.