Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 4.8 Config SMB.Conf File

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 09:15:22 -0400
Tyrus Shivers <tyrus.shivers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is the working smb.conf file for RHEL 7.3 and version 4.4.4 that
> is in current use.

It may work, but it isn't correct.

>This same config does not work in RHEL 7.6 and
> samba version 4.8.3

Not surprised.

> workgroup = mydomain
> password server = hostname.mydomain.com

You should remove the line above and let Samba find the password server

> realm = mydomain.com
> security = ads
> idmap config * : range = 10000-19999
> idmap config * : backend = rid

The '*' range is meant for the default domain and the backend should be
'tdb'

You should have (as a minimum) lines like these:

idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
idmap config MYDOMAIN : backend = rid
idmap config MYDOMAIN : range = 10000-19999

> allow trusted domain = no
> template shell = /bin/bash

> kerberos method = secrets only
> winbind use default domain = true
> winbind offline logon = false

The three lines above are default settings and so do not need to be
added.

> winbind enum users = yes
> winbind enum groups = yes

You only need the two lines above for testing purposes, so I would
remove them.

> winbind refresh tickets = yes
> restrict anonymous = 2
> --

Finally, is winbind installed and running ?