Re: [Samba] replication fails
- Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 17:50:14 +0000
- From: Rowland Penny via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] replication fails
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 18:36:22 +0100
"Stefan G. Weichinger via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 13.03.19 um 17:13 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
> > Am 13.03.19 um 16:53 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle:
> >> Ok thats small, a dc should be rebooted within 1-2 min and 1-2 min
> >> really max for AD sync.
> one more observation:
> manually running this works:
> root@pre01svdeb03:~# samba-tool drs replicate dc PRE01SVDEB03
> dc=blabla,dc=at --full-sync
> but the one user I created (and need) via Windows RSAT, is only
> visible via wbinfo on one DC:
> root@pre01svdeb03:~# wbinfo -u | grep elser
> root@pre01svdeb02:~# wbinfo -u | grep elser
> This was the original issue: I created the user and they couldn't
> login (because the other DC didn't know it yet?)
> No problem removing and readding it, but for sure I'd like to get the
> "more confident solution".
Try running 'samba-tool ldapcmp ldap://dc1 ldap://dc2'
It should result in something like this:
* Comparing [DOMAIN] context...
* Objects to be compared: 421
* Result for [DOMAIN]: SUCCESS
* Comparing [CONFIGURATION] context...
* Objects to be compared: 1618
* Result for [CONFIGURATION]: SUCCESS
* Comparing [SCHEMA] context...
* Objects to be compared: 1568
* Result for [SCHEMA]: SUCCESS
* Comparing [DNSDOMAIN] context...
* Objects to be compared: 288
* Result for [DNSDOMAIN]: SUCCESS
* Comparing [DNSFOREST] context...
* Objects to be compared: 28
* Result for [DNSFOREST]: SUCCESS
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the