Re: [Samba] replication fails
- Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 16:02:20 +0100
- From: "L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] replication fails
Greetings drama queen Stefan.... ;-) hehe :-))
Or reboot DC1, wait 5-10 min reboot DC2, wait 5-10 min.
The waiting can be shorter is the AD is not so big.
I suggest you have a look at this. (Rowland, look away... ;-))
A sample for a systemd setup, i'm working towards Debian Buster now, see :
[2019-Mar-12] Bits from the Release Team: Debian 10 'buster' is frozen; let's get it in shape
This shows the change to systemd-networkd ( and timedate and timesyncd and resolv.conf setup )
Get this script:
The script does not change anything to your system, so its really save to use/test with it.
- It allows you to easy switch to a systemd-networkd setup and the script wil explain things for you.
- It looks up the current settings and generated a systemd network file for you.
The file is placed in the folder you run this.
- Its focused on LAN and ipv4 only, member and AD-DC servers in a LAN.
- It does backup the files : /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/resolv.conf
- It generates the file : lan-addc-dev-eth0.network or lan-member-dev-eth0.network
Interface eth0 wil change to your systems its own interface automaticly.
Config assumes the following for AD-DC
The server has 1 ip, 1 search domain and also the DNS and TIME servers.
Config assumes the following for a member:
This server has 1 ip, 1 search domain and AD-DC's are also the DNS and TIME servers.
And these servers are in a LAN and no ipv6 is used.
Tested on Debian 9 servers.
Improvements, suggestions, well its on github..
Or pm me.
> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: samba [mailto:samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens
> Stefan G. Weichinger via samba
> Verzonden: woensdag 13 maart 2019 14:40
> Aan: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] replication fails
> Am 13.03.19 um 13:57 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
> > maybe I just have to wait now?
> loglevel 4 on DC2
> [2019/03/13 14:38:55.729004, 3]
> _drepl_schedule_replication: forcing sync of partition
> but no progress
> I let my fingers off it for now ... new user(s) needed there
> next week.
> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the