Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] replication fails

Am 13.03.19 um 11:33 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:

> where does that come from ... everything was fine last time we checked
> ... very frustrating

I mean, replication worked fine for a month or so already. And afaik
there were no changes on the DCs (maybe unattended debian-upgrades).

DC1 has:

nameserver 192.168.16.111
search my.tld

.111 is the router/fw to WAN ... for forwarding DNS, but this should be
covered with smb.conf already:

dns forwarder = 192.168.16.111

-

So I assume it should point to the own IPv4-IP of DC1 itself, which is .205

But I don't understand yet if the mistake is on DC1 and/or DC2 so I wait
with further changes.

prod machines, you know.

Maybe resolv.conf was changed by some automation script here, could be,
can't bet right now.