Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] When ad domain machine shutdown, samba can not auth with unix local user

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 10:01:40 +0800
谷雷 <guleicarter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks a lot, i will try this. What i mean ‘unix local user’ is samba
> user in tdbsam.

This would be AD users cached in a database and is rewritten on a
regular basis, so 'unix local user' isn't correct, it is 'Unix domain
users'.

> And I have another question: Can I set the sequence of auth method
> when samba is a domain member?
>
> I want make samba auth samba user first, if failed, then auth ad user.

No, your 'samba user' is also an 'AD user'