Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] samba-tool dbcheck: UnicodeDecodeError' with Samba 4.9.4




I decided to give Samba 4.9.x a new try as AD DC in one of my servers. It has been running version 4.8.9. I installed version 4.9.4 and when I ran samba-tool dbcheck I still obtained the following error message:

ERROR(<type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>): uncaught exception - 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 25: ordinal not in range(128)   File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 177, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/dbcheck.py", line 157, in run
    controls=controls, attrs=attrs)
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/dbchecker.py", line 222, in check_database
    error_count += self.check_object(object.dn, attrs=attrs)
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/dbchecker.py", line 2315, in check_object
    expected_dn = ldb.Dn(self.samdb, "RDN=RDN,%s" % (parent_dn))

Looks like the Unicode problem with Python 2.6.x is not yet solved.

This particular machine is running CentOS 6.10. I cannot upgrade to 7.x yet because it has discontinued support for a particular RAID controller in use (IBM Megaraid, ips.ko driver).


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba