Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Joining an Active Directory Domain "2016"

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 17:13:01 -0500
"Jorge F. Hernandez" <jorge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm trying to join a Unix Domain member using "realm join -U
> Administrator example.com" I don't know if that's Samba Tools or
> realmd, but it is frustrating.

It isn't a Samba tool and isn't supported by Samba, if you want help
with realmd, you will have to ask Centos or Fedora or RHEL etc.
sssd isn't a Samba tool either.

> I'm also trying net ads join, but it says that it cannot join as
> stand alone server.

Then your smb.conf isn't setup correctly, have you read this:

It might help if you tell us your distro (probably a red-hat based one)
and post the smb.conf you are trying to join with.

I can assure you that, using Samba tools, it is possible to do what you
require.