Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Joining an Active Directory Domain "2016"

OK I'm trying 2012 R2 and I get this after I join:

# realm list
example.com
  type: kerberos
  realm-name: EXAMPLE.COM
  domain-name: example.com
  configured: kerberos-member
  server-software: active-directory
  client-software: sssd
  required-package: oddjob
  required-package: oddjob-mkhomedir
  required-package: sssd
  required-package: adcli
  required-package: samba-common-tools
  login-formats: %U@xxxxxxxxxxx
  login-policy: allow-realm-logins

But when I run "id user@xxxxxxxxxxx" I keep getting a user doesn't exist.

Any ideas?

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 12:06:19 -0500
"Jorge F. Hernandez via samba"<samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hello,

Has anybody been able to join an Active Directory 2016 using Samba
Winbind?

If so, how can this be done?

I've been trying but it fails every time and when it finally shows me
something using realm list, it won't let me login with any user from
the domain, therefore, not working.

Thanks,
Sorry, but you are limited to 2012 (and that is experimental), but
things should get better when 4.11 comes out.