Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Win XP Client with Samba AD - Mapping Shares

On 2/27/2019 4:02 PM, Marco Shmerykowsky PE via samba wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 14:50:34 -0500
Marco Shmerykowsky PE via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm having issues having WinXP client access shares
on my Samba domain.

The user account can authenticate to the network using a
Win10 client.  The win10 client maps the users drives and
allows access properly.

The WinXP client can join the domain & the user can login
on the machine in question.

However, attempting to map a drive using "net use"
results in an error about an invalid user/password
(Error 1326).

I have one other XP box, but not seeing issues there.

Thoughts?

Two

One, you really shouldn't still be using XP

I know, but it still serves its rather meager purpose.

Two, NTLMv1, try adding 'ntlm auth = yes' to smb.conf and if this fixes
it, read this:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO54187.html

Rowland

However... I have another XP client that connects no problem.

The machine has moved from an NT Style domain to an Active
Directory domain.  Are there Samba related registry tweaks
that need to be made or undone?

FWIW, didn't get that one machine working (swapped in another
old XP machine which has no issues connecting), but did discover
that XP needs a patch to work with group policies.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3628

If anyone still needs it.