Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 4.x to 4.9 upgrade and bind DLZ dns.

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 16:51:20 +0100
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hai Guys,
>
> Just a general notification.
>
> Currently if you run samba 4.x-4.8 and upgraded to 4.9.0-4.9.4 on
> bind9 dns. Your missing the new folders.
>
> So even when your already running on bind9_dlz, follow these steps,
> and prevent possible problems in future.
>
> # create the missing folder.
> mkdir -p /var/lib/samba/bind-dns/dns
>
> # use samba_upgradedns to move the files and folder and fixes rights.
> samba_upgradedns --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ
> ... Yes, even if you already run bind9_dlz.
>
> # Change the path in bind. So samba can load the needed named.conf
> again. sed -i 's/private/bind-dns/g' $(rgrep
> "samba/private/named.conf" | awk -F":" '{ print $1 }')
>
> # restart bind and samba
> systemctl restart bind9 samba-ad-dc
>
> And your done.
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis

So it happened to you ;-)

I have written a patch for samba_upgradedns to check for and
add /var/lib/samba/bind-dns if it is missing. This has been sat on
samba-technical since the 15th Feb, care to check it and give it your
RB+ ?