Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] winbind causing huge timeouts/delays since 4.8

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 02:44:52PM +0000, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
Again: for many fileserver scenarios you're better using
idmap_autorid.

I do wish people would stop talking about 'fileservers', to me this
means a standalone server. In AD you have domain members, either Unix
or Windows and they should work in a similar way.

Your approach seems to be based on nobody using a Samba Unix domain
member as a workstation and only using them as somewhere to store files
etc i.e. a glorified NAS

*sigh* Rowland, this is not *my* "approach", this is a common kind of setup I regularily encounter as part of my daily work.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                https://samba.org/
Samba Developer, SerNet GmbH   https://sernet.de/en/samba/