Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba Won't start after upgrading Operating system

Thanks for the response. I think  found and fixed the problem, but I need to do some more testing tomorrow. It seems that the "handle_name_resolve_order: WARNING: Ignoring invalid list value 'hosts'  for parameter 'name resolve order'" is not really a warning and it causes testparm to stop processing the smb.conf. I think that is also what caused the daemons to fail.

As soon as I changed that everything started working.

I hope someone with more knowledge of samba looks into it to confirm that was what was really happening. If so the error message at least needs to be changed.

testparm then generated warning something like "login server=ipaddress" should not be used with "security=domain", but the man pages say while its it's not necessary, it can be used to point at a specific login server. In my case I only have one login server so it shouldn't cause any problems. I can see how it could mess up an AD domain with multiple controllers.