Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Computer Management - Share Security - No Read Access

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 10:45:38 -0500
Marco Shmerykowsky via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

This is a 'belt and braces approach'. it is normally installed by
default on Debian based distros.

> 2) The wiki old mentioned SeDiskOperatorPivilege
>
>     The member-fileserver document seems to set a number
>     of items.  Is this belt and suspenders or do all this
>     things need to be set explicitly?

Certain things need to be in place before you can set the permissions
from Windows, the wiki page shows these steps. The only step I didn't
state in the document I sent you is (and I Apologise for this), you
must log into Windows as either 'DOMAIN\Administrator' or as
'DOMAIN\username' where 'username' is a user that is a member of
Domain Admins.