Re: [Samba] Computer Management - Share Security - No Read Access
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 10:45:38 -0500
- From: Marco Shmerykowsky via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] Computer Management - Share Security - No Read Access
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Samba] Computer Management - Share Security - No Read
Date: 2019-02-22 10:30 am
From: Marco Shmerykowsky <marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "L.P.H. van Belle" <belle@xxxxxxxxx>
Have a look at it, it might give you some ideas, this is how i install
I needs a bit of updating, but in general its still ok.
Just keep an eye on the smb.conf and its contents that might need a
And use : apt-get install samba winbind acl attr libnss-winbind
ntp krb5-user bind9utils ldb-tools smbclient -y
Two things that I notice which differ from the information on
see on the wiki to date:
1) Your install routine mentions 'acl'
Yes the wiki mentions make sure its installed and I thought
I had checked this, but shouldn't it be listed on the wiki?
2) The wiki old mentioned SeDiskOperatorPivilege
The member-fileserver document seems to set a number
of items. Is this belt and suspenders or do all this
things need to be set explicitly?
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the