Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Computer Management - Share Security - No Read Access

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Samba] Computer Management - Share Security - No Read Access
Date: 2019-02-22 10:30 am
From: Marco Shmerykowsky <marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "L.P.H. van Belle" <belle@xxxxxxxxx>

Ok, debian?
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/howtos/stretch-base-3.1-samba-member-debian-install.txt
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/howtos/stretch-base-3.2-samba-member-fileserver.txt
Have a look at it, it might give you some ideas, this is how i install
my servers.

I needs a bit of updating, but in general its still ok.
Just keep an eye on the smb.conf and its contents that might need a
bit updateing.
And use :  apt-get install samba winbind acl attr libnss-winbind
libpam-winbind \
 ntp krb5-user bind9utils ldb-tools smbclient -y

Two things that I notice which differ from the information on
see on the wiki to date:

1) Your install routine mentions 'acl'

   Yes the wiki mentions make sure its installed and I thought
   I had checked this, but shouldn't it be listed on the wiki?

2) The wiki old mentioned SeDiskOperatorPivilege

   The member-fileserver document seems to set a number
   of items.  Is this belt and suspenders or do all this
   things need to be set explicitly?