Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] 32 seconds vs 72 minutes -- expected performance difference?

> I've looked at the trace but didn't find anything out of the
> ordinary. The "STATUS_NO_MORE_FILES" is erroneously taken into account
> in the stats because your kernel is missing this patch:

Thank you for looking into this, Aurélien. Unfortunately, I've already
configured NFS and it is working slightly better than Samba, for now. It
takes anywhere from 30 - 40 minutes for the same operation, as against
60-70 minutes that Samba takes.

I'm guessing traversing lots of files and directories is just not what
network filesystems are meant for.

-- Saurabh.