Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Computer Management - Share Security - No Read Access

On 2019-02-19 3:47 pm, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 15:25:51 -0500

What exactly does "START AGAIN" imply? Just chmod?

'ls' shows the correct ownership and Unix permissions:

drwxrwx---+  4 root          domain admins 4096 Feb 17 19:13 programs

But 'getfacl' show something different:

# file: server
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
group::r-x
other::r-x

So what I am suggesting is that you use 'setfacl' to remove the
extended ACL's, it is the only thing I can see different between my
working system and your non-working system

Rowland

root@machine253:/server# setfacl -b /server/users

root@machine253:/server# chmod 0770 /server/programs
root@machine253:/server# ls -l
total 20
drwxrwx--- 4 root          domain admins 4096 Feb 17 19:13 programs

root@machine253:/server# getfacl /server/programs
# file: server/programs
# owner: root
# group: domain\040admins