Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Computer Management - Share Security - No Read Access

On 2019-02-19 3:05 pm, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 14:44:05 -0500
Marco Shmerykowsky <marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>          # user administrator workaround
>>          username map = /etc/samba/user.map
>
> Just to check, what is in the user.map ?

root@machine253:/etc/samba# cat user.map
!root = INTERNAL\Administrator INTERNAL\administrator Administrator
administrator

That should work.

> If you run 'getent group Domain\ Admins', do you get 'Administrator'
> listed as a group member e.g.
>
> domain_admins:x:10512:administrator,rowland,.........

root@machine253:/etc/samba# getent group Domain\ Admins
domain admins:x:10512:administrator

If you are logged into the Windows machine as 'INTERNAL\Administrator'
it should work, but if you are using another Domain user, add that user
to the 'Domain Admins' group.

>> ** Create Share & Set permissions
>>
>> root@sce253:/# ls -la /server
>> drwxrwx---+  4 root          domain admins 4096 Feb 17 19:13
>> programs
>
> Something seems to have happened, note the '+' sign at the end of
> the Unix permissions, what does 'getfacl /server' show ?

root@machine253:/etc/samba# getfacl /server
# file: server
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
group::r-x
other::r-x

Something is going on here, 'ls' shows 'root:domain admins' as the
owner:group with 0770 permissions, but getfacl shows 'root:root' as
owner:group with 0755 permissions

> This is very strange, it should work, are the 'attr' and 'acl'
> packages installed ?
>
> Rowland

I ran this command from the Debian section of the
"Distribution specific Package Installation" on the wiki.

# apt-get install samba attr winbind libpam-winbind libnss-winbind
libpam-krb5 krb5-config krb5-user

'acl' is installed by default

Foe it's worth, Group policy is mapping the drives and the
various shares are being restricted to the proper groups.
I can also set folder/directory permissions on the share
by navigating directly to the share using a UNC path.

Strange.

Just know that the last part of the "Setting Share Permissions
and ACL's" on the wiki doesn't allow for anything to be
modified on the 'Security' tab.

It should and I have just updated that wiki page.

Not sure if this is "as designed" or did I do something
which will create problems later.

Double check Unix ownership and permissions on the share directory,
that is really the only thing that looks wrong.
To remove the ACL's and start again, run:

What exactly does "START AGAIN" imply? Just chmod?

setfacl -b path/to/directory

reset the unix permissions as shown on the wiki page and then try again
from Windows.