Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba acl it

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 13:34:10 +0100
marco pirola via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I apologize for all emails sent to resolve the acl problem. The
> instructions I followed to make an exact domain member erase; the
> problem is that the samba release used by debian 9 was buggy; I
> switched to devuan (which I start to love) and I went through the
> whole procedure: now everything is ok

No need to apologise, you had a problem and couldn't fix it, no matter
how many times you were told that it should work.

It also shows that very strange reasons can exist for something not
working, though I think this is the first time changing the OS has
fixed a problem.

I probably should have suggested an OS change, but I would have got
called out if did.