Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] winbind offline logon

Il 19/02/19 09:22, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
I have suggested that we deprecate the NT4-style domains, but one of
the other Samba team members wants to keep them. I find this strange
for several reasons, smbldap-tools is dead and no longer maintained,
Microsoft keeps breaking them and the client code hasn't really worked
for some time now. The vast majority of the Samba effort is aimed
squarely at AD domains, trying to get somebody to fix your problem is
going to take some time, especially as it works with AD.

I can understand your point of view but I can understand even the point of view of the people that administer our local network... the last time I have tried to carry on the needing of upgrading to AD I have been stopped by some users that need, for obscure reasons, to put the time of their PCs in the past and AFAIK this is not permitted in a AD domain...

Have a great day

Piviul