Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] 4.7.x -> 4.9.x upgrade

Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> OK, I now have a Samba 4.7.12 AD DC running in one VM and a Samba 4.9.4
> AD DC joined to it, running in another VM.
> Everything seems to work okay, 'samba-tool dbcheck' shows no errors on
> either DC.
> So, there is an upgrade path by joining another DC.

So, this general raccomandation:

	https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba#Updating_Multiple_Samba_Domain_Controllers

need to be modified, true? Better to add a new ''temporary'' DC,
transfer FSMO role to them and then upgrade or reinstall the other?

And if it is better to reinstall, what is the best way to reinstall a
DC?