Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Troubles upgrading jailed DC from 4.8.7 to 4.8.9

Possible things to check:
Is the ip for vlan1 10.1.2.34 ?

Sure.
It's the only IP vlan1 has inside the jail; it's shown as an alias on the base host.

Try just setting 'vlan1'

You mean change "interfaces=vlan1 10.1.2.34/24" to just "interfaces=vlan1"?
It doesn't change anything (still Samba doesn't start unless I disable nbt service).

Is the 'nmbd' binary being started separately

I don't have nmbd running (not before and not after the upgrade).
Isn't this normal on an AD DC?

Or a regression?

Possibly, if it worked before the upgrade, it is normally expected to
work after the upgrade. There is probably only one exception to this,
if what was working, wasn't supposed to and had been fixed.

That's what I'd like to know :)
Is my config ok?
Or is there's something wrong in my smb4.conf and I don't see it?

Anything I should report?

You will not have any network browsing at all, but there is very little
with a DC anyway.

I'm personally fine with that; not sure about other users, though...

 bye & Thanks
	av.