Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] SAmba 4.9 and Win XP Clients

On 2019-02-17 10:54 am, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 10:37:48 -0500
Marco Shmerykowsky <marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Seems I can map a drive from the command line. (Didn't check that
- it was 2:00am and I was tired with fighting this stuff)

Time you went to bed ;-)

its 15:45 Sun here.
As I said, there is no netbios browsing in a Samba AD domain, not that
it makes much difference, it is going away in Windows as well. You
have, as you have found out, have to use the shares UNC.

  The windows graphical way to map drives isn't working.

I don't use Windows much, but I thought it was supposed to work.

I guess no real issue if I can manually map drives.

Glad you got it working.

Server smb.conf file (you helped with this one :) )
It's a domain member.

Sorry, but I cannot remember every smb.conf ;-)

Nothing wrong there LOL

I would suggest you stick to using the Unix domain member as the
fileserver and the DC just for authentication.

Rowland

With this new AD setup, can you still use logon scripts
instead of group policy depending on the OS logging in?

The group policy drive map isn't working on the XP client.